Heroes Guild Online

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting Gamers & Intellectual Hobbyists Throughout Maryland

+3
dhlevine
Adam Dray
Shay
7 posters

Hi everyone

Shay
    Shay
    Level 1 Poster

Hi everyone Empty Hi everyone

Post by Shay 2010-10-22, 15:56

Hi everyone. I just moved down to the Md area (Hanover) and used to play DnD at college up in CT. I'm hoping to find some games to play down here during the weekend timeframe. I have graduate classes and work during the week so the weekend is much better. I only have experience with DnD and would say I'm not an advanced player but I do own the books and can learn pretty quickly. Feel free to send me a message if you know of any games I could join. (I also have a ton of minis, map pieces etc. to bring)

Thanks!

queen
    -Shay
    Adam Dray
    Adam Dray
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

The Waste Character
    Name: Redcap
    Race: Kenku
    Class: Sorcerer

Hi everyone Empty Re: Hi everyone

Post by Adam Dray 2010-10-22, 17:28

Welcome to the Heroes' Guild, Shay. My Caldera game (D&D 4E) could use one more person. Try it out. We're a pretty laid back group but we role-play hard. We play every other Thursday in Owings Mills, MD (about 20-30 minutes from you). We're also extremely beginner-friendly, if you're new to 4E. Email me directly (adamdray@gmail.com) if you're interested.

You should also definitely check out Daniel Levine's organized Dark Sun (D&D 4E) campaign, The Waste. Games are organized and scheduled by the players, but run by one of the two or three dedicated DMs. It's pretty easy to get into, but they prefer that you know your way around your character sheet.

Don't miss events at Games & Stuff in Glen Burnie, which is practically right next door to you. I think there was a Living Forgotten Realms (Pathfinder) game running there on Thursdays, as well as D&D 4E Encounters on Wednesdays.
    dhlevine
    dhlevine
    Administrator

The Waste Character
    Name: Jarrol
    Race: Goliath (Half-Giant)
    Class: Ardent

Post by dhlevine 2010-10-23, 08:52

Welcome, Shay!

Thanks to Adam for the plug. If you'd like to come to a The Waste game, we'd love to have you (check out the forum here for details, and feel free to ask if you have questions)! Adam makes us sound a little bit intimidating - we have lots of 4E newbies, and Elvorix and I try to do our best to show them the ropes (actually, Adam can attest that I've been experimenting with character sheets to try to make one around which it's easier to find your way). The other thing that might be nice is that you can play The Waste when you feel like it/have time - there's no long-term commitment unless you want to make one.

And, if you're ever interested in branching out from DnD, I think with the new folks it's probably time for Adam or I to organize a one-shot of something weird.
    j-smuv
    j-smuv
    Administrator

The Waste Character
    Name: Ordesso Badatu
    Race: Minotaur
    Class: Fighter

Post by j-smuv 2010-10-23, 16:26

A one-shot of something wierd, huh? That sounds great, Dan! Everyone could use a little more "weird" I think.

Welcome Shay,

I'm not sure about weekend games now, but check out the Players Looking for Games, and Games Looking for Players sections of the forums. We also have at least one one-shot a month. They're always on the weekend. The next one will probably not be D&D, but it'll be on the weekend. So that's something. . . Anyway, I hope you find a great group. Welcome to Maryland and the Guild!
    Shay
    Shay
    Level 1 Poster

Post by Shay 2010-10-24, 09:23

Thanks all for the helpful information.

Hope to see you at some of the games soon!

- Shay
    Imperator
    Imperator
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

Post by Imperator 2010-10-25, 09:46

Shay,

Welcome to the Guild.

fraktured
    fraktured
    Level 2 Poster

The Waste Character
    Name: Grik
    Race: Mul
    Class: Ranger

Post by fraktured 2010-10-26, 10:25

Welcome! I'd recommend Games & Stuff for sure. They have 'open' roleplaying as well, I'd like to run a one-shot there sometime (Trail of Cthulhu, or Gamma World)
    seaniusmaximus
    seaniusmaximus
    Level 5 Poster

The Waste Character
    Name: Emere-kai
    Race: Genasi
    Class: Swordmage

Post by seaniusmaximus 2010-10-27, 09:56

Hello Shay!

The waste is definitely a good place to go. If you're looking for something more regular, I run a weekly game of 4e at my house in Federal Hill on friday night's.(dan also plays in it).

We do have space at the table for one more (party is currently 5) so if you want to join up, you can PM me and I'll send you all the details.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-19, 08:44