Heroes Guild Online

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting Gamers & Intellectual Hobbyists Throughout Maryland

3 posters

Dhlevine...

dhlevine
    dhlevine
    Administrator

The Waste Character
    Name: Jarrol
    Race: Goliath (Half-Giant)
    Class: Ardent

Dhlevine... Empty Dhlevine...

Post by dhlevine 2010-05-18, 11:24

I'm Daniel.

ABOUT ME (GAMER)

1. My real love is indie games - especially Burning Empires, Unsung, carry: a game about war, With Great Power..., Truth & Justice, Sorcerer, Shock:, and Misspent Youth. There are probably like 9 games I'm leaving off there, along with a bunch that I'm itching to try, like Bliss Stage and Apocalypse World. If you are also interested in these sorts of games - hit me up! 2, below, indicates that finding a critical mass for these games can be tough.

2. I also play D&D, though I'm really only a fan of 4E these days. I GM/play for Eastern Expanse (though we need more players - visit the forum!) and my own game, and I'll be playing in one.

3. I started playing back in 1984 or so with the Red Box blah blah blah yawn.

4. I can't seem to get the hang of FATE.

ABOUT ME (NON-GAMER)

1. I live in Baltimore. That's actual Baltimore City, not one of the suburbs that people tend to live in when they say they live in Baltimore. My neighborhood is nothing like The Wire, but the apartment building they shot the scene of Omar jumping out of in Season 5 is around the corner from me.

2. OK, I lied about it being nothing like The Wire. We have *one* drug house on my block.

3. I have a wife (non-gamer) and a daughter (pictured; non-gamer, but give her a few years). I also have two cats, but I'm less attached to them.

4. I teach Public Policy at the University of Maryland, when I'm not procrastinating my grading duties by creating an intro on this forum. Mostly I work on ethics, irregular warfare, peacekeeping, Africa, and international law.

5. My other hobbies include cooking (sometimes I make cookies when we play at my place), growing things in the backyard (read: killing everything except the tomatoes and morning glories), and lifting heavy pieces of metal and then putting them down again (currently trying out CrossFit, but I can't master the form on clean & jerks).
    Rocktopotomus
    Rocktopotomus
    Level 2 Poster

The Waste Character
    Name: Feyodr-Har
    Race: Changeling
    Class: Sorcerer

Dhlevine... Empty Re: Dhlevine...

Post by Rocktopotomus 2010-05-19, 10:54

Do you work at UMB, or one of the other universities?
    dhlevine
    dhlevine
    Administrator

The Waste Character

Post by dhlevine 2010-05-19, 10:59

College Park. I think we're the only campus with a Public Policy school, actually.
    j-smuv
    j-smuv
    Administrator

The Waste Character
    Name: Ordesso Badatu
    Race: Minotaur
    Class: Fighter

Post by j-smuv 2010-06-09, 13:37

Dan is our resident indie gamer. He has some of the most unique ideas for game sessions I've seen. Unique games + unique sessions = unique experiences: we're lucky to have Dan as our Eastern Expanse GM.
    dhlevine
    dhlevine
    Administrator

The Waste Character

Post by dhlevine 2010-06-09, 23:12

DHLEVINE
    FREQUENCY: Unique
    NO. APPEARING: 1