Heroes Guild Online

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting Gamers & Intellectual Hobbyists Throughout Maryland

3 posters

Newly returned to the game and needing a group to play with

Xer0
    Xer0
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

The Waste Character
    Name: Trabat
    Race: Half-Elf
    Class: Battlemind

Newly returned to the game and needing a group to play with Empty Newly returned to the game and needing a group to play with

Post by Xer0 2010-08-22, 09:46

Hi all:

First off, I had the pleasure of meeting James and Chris and another Heroes Guild gent whose name I can't remember (mea culpa, please correct my mistake so I can recognize you next time we meet). It got me to thinking - how many of us are north of tunnels and the Key Bridge?

Sadly, I got back into 40K right around the same time my FLGS, Renaissance Games shut its doors for good, leaving me in the lurch. I had no place to play, no place to hang out, no place to meet other players and 0 motivation to start working on the miniatures that I had just bought. And so still they sit, untouched in their boxes, calling out to me to assemble them, paint them and play with them. But I lack motivation to so. And I know why that is - I have no one to hang out with, play with, paint with, etc.

So, where can I go? I know Games and Stuff seems to be the place to go and I can make it there about once a month without problems or getting wife aggro, but Glen Burnie isn't really convenient for me on a regular basis. Same with the Bunker, which also closes at the end of the month and will be reopening somewhere else three months later, so that's no good. I know of Collector's Corner and of Legends, but having never been to either, I have no idea how they are towards miniature gamers.

Alternatively, what about individual people. Anyone else in the same boat as me? Living in Harford or Baltimore County and looking for other like minded gamers? If you are, hit me up, let's make something happen, shall we?
    j-smuv
    j-smuv
    Administrator

The Waste Character
    Name: Ordesso Badatu
    Race: Minotaur
    Class: Fighter

Newly returned to the game and needing a group to play with Empty Re: Newly returned to the game and needing a group to play with

Post by j-smuv 2010-08-22, 13:05

Hey Xer0, don't lose hope! Collector's Corner treats it's wargamers really well. They don't have a table yet, being a very new store, but as soon as they do I'll let you know. People come in to paint their models frequently, and I try to support them by purchasing my GW product there. Legends has more tables and space, but they are kinda indifferent towards wargamers. Their game section has steadily dwindled over the years and their 40k stock is almost non-existant. Still the fact that they have tables makes them the only public place to play on this side of town.

If you're up for a small game, I'm always down. Just let me know, and we'll work out a time to meet. I am married as well, so I totally understand how the wife aggro factors in.
    Xer0
    Xer0
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

The Waste Character

Newly returned to the game and needing a group to play with Empty Re: Newly returned to the game and needing a group to play with

Post by Xer0 2010-08-23, 07:46

Oh, I'm not losing hope James, but I do realize that I need people around me who are also in the hobby to motivate me to actually do hobby-related things. That's why I was hoping to find folks local to me to meet up and hang out, do hobby stuff, play games and all that jazz. I mean, are you and Chris in the general area?

But, speaking of Collector's Corner, I think I may stop by there Thursday evening for a bit to hang out, any one want to meet up there?
    j-smuv
    j-smuv
    Administrator

The Waste Character

Post by j-smuv 2010-08-23, 08:44

I am in the Govans neighborhood in Baltimore. Chris is in Halethorpe. So I guess it depends on what you mean by "general area." Haha. . .

I should have Thursday evening free. I'll call you if I can't make it.
    Xer0
    Xer0
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

The Waste Character

Post by Xer0 2010-08-23, 08:49

j-smuv wrote:I am in the Govans neighborhood in Baltimore. Chris is in Halethorpe. So I guess it depends on what you mean by "general area." Haha. . .

I should have Thursday evening free. I'll call you if I can't make it.
    General area for me is any place where I don't have to pay a toll to get there.
    Imperator
    Imperator
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

Post by Imperator 2010-08-23, 13:43

Xer0 wrote:.....................So, where can I go? I know Games and Stuff seems to be the place to go and I can make it there about once a month without problems or getting wife aggro, but Glen Burnie isn't really convenient for me on a regular basis. Same with the Bunker, which also closes at the end of the month and will be reopening somewhere else three months later, so that's no good. I know of Collector's Corner and of Legends, but having never been to either, I have no idea how they are towards miniature gamers.

Alternatively, what about individual people. Anyone else in the same boat as me? Living in Harford or Baltimore County and looking for other like minded gamers? If you are, hit me up, let's make something happen, shall we?

I feel for you Xer0 and can relate, just in reverse. I'm down here right outside of Annapolis, so everything to me is too far north with Games & Stuff being about as far as I want to go.
    Xer0
    Xer0
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

The Waste Character

Post by Xer0 2010-08-23, 13:47

Imperator wrote:I feel for you Xer0 and can relate, just in reverse. I'm down here right outside of Annapolis, so everything to me is too far north with Games & Stuff being about as far as I want to go.
    Where about outside of Annapolis? I grew up in Severna Park, so that's basically my back yard. To be honest, were it not for the tolls and/or I were living a bit further south, I'd get myself the commuter package for EZPass again and spend a lot of time at Games and Stuff.
    Imperator
    Imperator
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

Post by Imperator 2010-08-23, 13:51

Xer0 wrote:
    Imperator wrote:I feel for you Xer0 and can relate, just in reverse. I'm down here right outside of Annapolis, so everything to me is too far north with Games & Stuff being about as far as I want to go.
    Where about outside of Annapolis? I grew up in Severna Park, so that's basically my back yard. To be honest, were it not for the tolls and/or I were living a bit further south, I'd get myself the commuter package for EZPass again and spend a lot of time at Games and Stuff.

If you headed out of Annapolis on 178 towards Odenton, I'm nestled on the south side of the Severn right before you hit 3, right across the river from Severna Park.
    Xer0
    Xer0
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

The Waste Character

Post by Xer0 2010-08-23, 14:01

I got you.
    Xer0
    Xer0
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

The Waste Character

Post by Xer0 2010-08-25, 14:50

James, I'm thinking that I'll be at Collector's Corner somewhere between 6:30 and 7pm tomorrow night. Looking forward to meeting up.
    Xer0
    Xer0
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

The Waste Character

Post by Xer0 2010-09-02, 22:37

James, had a great time hanging out at Collector's Corner tonight, I can't wait to do it again!
    j-smuv
    j-smuv
    Administrator

The Waste Character

Post by j-smuv 2010-09-02, 23:25

It was baddass. . .

It takes some motivation to get my 40k hobby done. Two terminators in 2 1/2 hours is a good leisurely pace. Anyone interested in joining us at another hobby jam session at CC, just keep your ear to the ground. We have a tentative date of 9/16, but one of us will post again closer to the time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-16, 23:03