Heroes Guild Online

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting Gamers & Intellectual Hobbyists Throughout Maryland

4 posters

Moving to Laurel Md.

generalgrog
    generalgrog
    Level 1 Poster

Moving to Laurel Md. Empty Moving to Laurel Md.

Post by generalgrog 2011-01-01, 23:01

Hello,
    I will be starting a new job in Baltimore next week and will be living in Laurel temporarily while I look for a permanent abode for my family.

I'm looking for info on where to game in the Baltimore area. I play 40k,WFB, and like boardgames. I want to try 4th edition d&d, I haven't played d&d for 25 years.

Thanks for any help. Also, in general I won't be around on the weekends since I will be commuting back home to Virginia until I find a permanent residence. So looking for stuff to do during the weeknights.

GG
    j-smuv
    j-smuv
    Administrator

The Waste Character
    Name: Ordesso Badatu
    Race: Minotaur
    Class: Fighter

Moving to Laurel Md. Empty Re: Moving to Laurel Md.

Post by j-smuv 2011-01-02, 12:24

Welcome General Grog!

We have plenty of great ways to get started with 4th edition. One of which is The Waste campaign. It's very newcomer friendly! Details on how to get started can be found on The Waste's section of the forum.

Additionally, in February, Xero is running D&D Encounters at Collector's Corner. This is a series of encounters designed to teach people 4th Edition. Details can be found in the Games for Players section.

As for the wargaming, normally I would be happy to meet up and throw some dice at each other, but I have a new kid that takes up a lot of my time. But I'll definitely be in touch eventually. I like the idea of a weeknight game or two.
    Xer0
    Xer0
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

The Waste Character
    Name: Trabat
    Race: Half-Elf
    Class: Battlemind

Post by Xer0 2011-01-03, 11:12

j-smuv wrote:Welcome General Grog!

We have plenty of great ways to get started with 4th edition. One of which is The Waste campaign. It's very newcomer friendly! Details on how to get started can be found on The Waste's section of the forum.

Additionally, in February, Xero is running D&D Encounters at Collector's Corner. This is a series of encounters designed to teach people 4th Edition. Details can be found in the Games for Players section.

As for the wargaming, normally I would be happy to meet up and throw some dice at each other, but I have a new kid that takes up a lot of my time. But I'll definitely be in touch eventually. I like the idea of a weeknight game or two.

Indeed I am running Encounters, starting on the 9th of February.

Like James, I'm a new father also, but I can get behind an occasional wargame night every now and then.

Also, if you wanted to Grog, we can arrange to meet for a one shot somewhere. I've got enough adventures that we could easily put something together.
    Imperator
    Imperator
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

Post by Imperator 2011-01-04, 21:19

Well met Grog! Welcome to MD and Happy New Year! I too play WFB (just started) and play WFRP as well as other RPGs. Living on the south side of Baltimore will make it a bit more difficult to find a game without slogging through traffic, but I'm sure we can get you hooked up into something.
    Xer0
    Xer0
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

The Waste Character
    Name: Trabat
    Race: Half-Elf
    Class: Battlemind

Post by Xer0 2011-01-05, 07:57

Imperator wrote:Well met Grog! Welcome to MD and Happy New Year! I too play WFB (just started) and play WFRP as well as other RPGs. Living on the south side of Baltimore will make it a bit more difficult to find a game without slogging through traffic, but I'm sure we can get you hooked up into something.
    It's funny how Baltimore is the great dividing line for the state, isn't it? Or perhaps it's better said that the tunnels and the Key Bridge are that line. You all don't want to come north and I can't blame you because I'm loathe to come south on a regular basis. It's a pity we have to deal with that kind of an issue.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content