Heroes Guild Online

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting Gamers & Intellectual Hobbyists Throughout Maryland

5 posters

The Waste is on Hiatus - New DMs Welcome

dhlevine
    dhlevine
    Administrator

The Waste Character
    Name: Jarrol
    Race: Goliath (Half-Giant)
    Class: Ardent

The Waste is on Hiatus - New DMs Welcome Empty The Waste is on Hiatus - New DMs Welcome

Post by dhlevine 2011-05-14, 22:16

You may have noticed that there hasn't been much activity here on The Waste for a bit. Unfortunately, it's reflective of some moderately bad news: The Waste is currently on a hiatus - it's been *de facto* for a while and I figured I should make it official.

In a nutshell, both Elvorix and I had gotten a bit burned out on running (for a while I was averaging 1.5 games/week) and our gaming and non-gaming lives were filling up with other stuff. So we had to turn down DM requests (or put obnoxious scheduling restrictions on them), and we haven't had anyone else really aggressively step up to DM.

On top of that, as some of you who know me off the boards know, I'll be out of the country from August-January, and so completely unavailable to DM.

I had a lot of fun with The Waste, and honestly I'm happy to leave it at that - somewhere in an alternate world Jarrol will continue to flex his oiled muscles and the Great Kra will continue to encroach on Tyr.

But, I would also be happy to help anyone else who would be interested in taking over what we have. I know at the very least Elvorix and I would be happy to share our game notes, and like Eastern Expanse before it, The Waste was always supposed to be a crazy stew of different DMs' ideas, not any one particular person's thing. And, of course, time permitting, I'm still open to DMing for The Waste when I get back, if there were folks who wanted a game. The beauty of the casual game set up is that The Waste is there, waiting, whenever anyone wants to explore it again.

So, for now, it looks like Athas will have to turn on its own for a while. But if anyone is interested in DMing, please drop Elvorix or me a line and we'd be more than happy to set you up.
    Bohrdumb
    Bohrdumb
    Level 5 Poster

The Waste is on Hiatus - New DMs Welcome Empty Re: The Waste is on Hiatus - New DMs Welcome

Post by Bohrdumb 2011-05-15, 20:40

If people expressed interest, I would be glad to run something.
    Gryphon
    Gryphon
    Level 3 Poster

The Waste Character
    Name: Trinma
    Race: Elf
    Class: Ranger

The Waste is on Hiatus - New DMs Welcome Empty Re: The Waste is on Hiatus - New DMs Welcome

Post by Gryphon 2011-05-22, 08:57

I know I would be interested in continuing to play, but I am also not going to pressure. If somebody wants to run a session, hit me up and I will do my best to be there.
    dhlevine
    dhlevine
    Administrator

The Waste Character

Post by dhlevine 2011-05-22, 09:01

Well, by design it's not "pressure." Get a group together, find a DM, and The Waste is reborn!

Bohrdumb, just tell Angela or me what you need and we'll be happy to share notes/ideas.
    biota
    biota
    Level 4 Poster

The Waste Character
    Name: Bikikcha
    Race: Thri-Kreen
    Class: Druid

Post by biota 2011-05-23, 21:03

Go bohrdumb go. Bik would like to stop some slavers or finish exploring that old mansion.

Biota
    ib
    ib
    Level 2 Poster

The Waste Character
    Name: Mhult
    Race: Human
    Class: Warlock

Post by ib 2011-08-17, 16:10

Hey,

Are you guys still running The Waste? Are you doing it anywhere inside the actual city of Baltimore? If so, I'd really like to give it a shot. Sorry if this sounds jerky, but I feel that Dark Sun is possibly one of the handful of things done well in 4E. Anyhow, I'd be happy to keep a lid on my 4E criticisms, if it meant that I'd get to game. Also, I guess I don't really have a character yet, but I'd be glad to make a character based on the group's needs (and the DM's permission).

PM me with your thoughts. Thanks.

-- Ishai
    dhlevine
    dhlevine
    Administrator

The Waste Character

Post by dhlevine 2011-10-22, 19:34

Hey Ishai, sorry for the long-delayed reply. I haven't been monitoring the forums that well in the past few months (nor, I suspect has Angela - in our defense, I'm in Africa at the moment and last I checked she had finished being a student and had to get a real job).

Unfortunately, The Waste is on indefinite hiatus, for the reasons mentioned above. I wouldn't rule out it ever coming back, but I also wouldn't hold my breath. If you're interested in a sandbox style game, I hope you've managed to find Adam Dray's listing for The Hinterlands in G4P. And I seem to see that you've hooked up with Bohrdumb at least provisionally - he's good people! So I hope you'll find something that suits your fancy!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-02, 08:52