Heroes Guild Online

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting Gamers & Intellectual Hobbyists Throughout Maryland

3 posters

Session 4: A New Hope

Tom.Liles
    Tom.Liles
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

Session 4: A New Hope Empty Session 4: A New Hope

Post by Tom.Liles 2010-03-27, 04:05

For weeks afterward, Marduk hid in the slums. His only friend in the world had been eaten by a dragon, and in a moment, he was reduced to nothing...again.
    Brynn had all the money on him...The Key...

At any moment Marduk expected to be killed by Kair'Asshta or abducted by the Watch. Neither happened. Slowly, Marduk came to a realization: his comrades hadn't been killed by a Dragon, but by their own inability to let go of vengeance. In the end, neither Brynn nor the dwarf would run to save their lives, and instead threw them away out of a desire to exact revenge.

This realization gave comfort to Marduk, and the next day he walked out of Sharn. With little more than his armor and weapons, he trekked across Breland. In a few months, he found himself near where it all began: Skullreave. Marduk is determined to find the box, key or no key, but what troubles will find him along his way?
    Tom.Liles
    Tom.Liles
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

Session 4: A New Hope Empty Re: Session 4: A New Hope

Post by Tom.Liles 2010-03-27, 04:12

Here's the fallout of the last session

1) No more evil alignments, please. If you have a question about what this means, ask me and we can talk about it.
    2) New characters enter the campaign at level 4, and start with a level 5, level 4, and level 3 magic item. They also start with money equivalent to the cost of a level 3 magic item.
    3) We will start next session in Zone 1:Skullreave. Please review the materials posted in the Zone's thread. Eli will select what hex we start from, and may select any outer (adjacent to a border of the zone) hexes. I will weave in the new characters as best I am able. New characters must have some reason for being in the zone.

Use this thread to discuss what character you might introduce into the campaign.
    Chris
    Chris
    Administrator

The Waste Character
    Name: Rūk
    Race: Minotaur
    Class: Warden

Post by Chris 2010-03-27, 14:35

Okay, I have a concept that I think will fit better than the one I mentioned last session.

Allora d'Lyrander
    Estranged sister to the excoriate Bryn d'Lyrander.
    Half-Elf Rogue (Striker)
    Seeking out Marduk to find out the fate of her disgraced brother.
    Tom.Liles
    Tom.Liles
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

Post by Tom.Liles 2010-03-28, 22:47

I definitely like this character better than the other one. Still, you are free to play whatever you like, so long as the character doesn't possess an evil alignment.

If you do play this character, PHB 1 has lightning weapons in it that would allow you to get more use of your Dragonmark. It's a level 5 enchant, so you could start with it.
    xenocyclus
    xenocyclus
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

The Waste Character
    Name:
    Race: Human
    Class:

Post by xenocyclus 2010-03-29, 12:11

Quinn
    Human Paladin Protector of Dol Dorn
    (and a deserter)
    Abandoned his duty, and is now wondering the world disgraced and wanted.
    Tom.Liles
    Tom.Liles
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

Post by Tom.Liles 2010-03-29, 21:25

I like the idea, but that one will be a touch trickier to incorporate into the campaign--how would you feel about Quinn having some kind of connection to Allora, and that they're traveling together through Skullreave, that she might look for Marduk in the lawless goblin frontier and that you might avoid taking responsibility for your apostasy?

A few questions for Quinn...

1) What did he do during the Last War, a century-long, continent spanning war that ended in stalemate 4 years ago?

2) The Pantheon of the Sovereign Host has a much looser clerical hierarchy than the Church of the Silver Flame or even Shuster's Cult. Given that, who is pursuing you, what is your relation to them, and why would they be willing to assume the risks of Skullreave to catch you? I mean, the place is swarming with Goblins, Silver Flame knights, not to mention the odd Mournland Horror. They'd have to be pretty dedicated to come after you.

3) Dol Dorn is all about using honorable physical conflict to settle disputes. When was the last time someone questioned your honor and how did you respond?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-08, 14:21