Heroes Guild Online

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting Gamers & Intellectual Hobbyists Throughout Maryland

2 posters

Olo - Dwarf Bard

Fuchsia 'tude
    Fuchsia 'tude
    Level 3 Poster

Olo - Dwarf Bard Empty Olo - Dwarf Bard

Post by Fuchsia 'tude 2010-10-02, 01:45

Olo - Evil Dwarf Valorous Bard, Dune Trader

Olo is one of those innumerable dwarves whose tribe has been broken and scattered among the sands. He was raised by his father in the wastes, travelling between elusive, difficult, and dangerous underground veins and even more dangerous cities to sell whatever could be taken from the hard earth. He hated it, seeing dwarfs toil endlessly under the relentless sun, to often no useful gain. When he found he had the knack to influence others with his haunting melancholy flute playing and spoken word, Olo set off on his own. His skills have provided him enough to live off of so far, but he has a grander plan: he wants to found a place that his people can truly call home.

You know, while I wrote this biography, after having read Daniel's explanation of 4e bards in DS, I think I've pretty much decided his theme should be Dune Trader, not Athasian minstrel. I'd waffled on that before, but I think it makes the most sense.

He's evil in the sense of "self-interested and single-minded, to the point of potentially harming others if they get between him and something he wants". My goal with Olo was to make someone torn between pure selfish desire on one hand and a devotion to others and some greater good on the other, and honestly, being an arcane class with defiling potential is a perfect extension of that conflict.
    dhlevine
    dhlevine
    Administrator

The Waste Character
    Name: Jarrol
    Race: Goliath (Half-Giant)
    Class: Ardent

Olo - Dwarf Bard Empty Re: Olo - Dwarf Bard

Post by dhlevine 2010-10-02, 12:50

Welcome, Olo!

Just a note - there is no problem with Evil characters in The Waste (though see the PvP rules, maybe). But if Olo is "torn" b/t selfishness and the greater good, he may be Unaligned (evil folks have generally given up that conflict). But hey, ultimately, he's your character.
    Fuchsia 'tude
    Fuchsia 'tude
    Level 3 Poster

Post by Fuchsia 'tude 2010-10-02, 22:55

Yeah, I know, but he falls heavily on the "warning: stay out of my way" side of the line. I just liked the idea of portraying such internal conflict over time, especially if he managed to finagle his way into the Veiled Alliance like I thought originally.

And yeah, the PvP/betrayal in cooperative settings is not what I'm interested in at all, hence why I tried to come up with a different sort of depiction of the alignment.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 06:32