Heroes Guild Online

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting Gamers & Intellectual Hobbyists Throughout Maryland

5 posters

Investigating the Water Cult of Rhys

dhlevine
    dhlevine
    Administrator

The Waste Character
    Name: Jarrol
    Race: Goliath (Half-Giant)
    Class: Ardent

Investigating the Water Cult of Rhys Empty Investigating the Water Cult of Rhys

Post by dhlevine 2011-01-10, 10:53

The cloaked woman in front of you has hands that are unnervingly pale, given the weathered look of her clothing, and traced with patterns of blue-purple plant dyes, the same color as her pupil-less eyes.

"I have heard," she says, "that you are sellswords and seekers after cheap thrills. Though I do not expect you to fully understand the need to ensure that water flows freely for all wherever it is found, I suspect that you will be motivated by the fact that the merchant houses will pay well for the cult that controls the oasis at Rhys to be removed. Thus, I would like to recruit you to my plan to remove its leadership."

"Oh, and while I trust that my membership in the Veiled Alliance will shock none of you, I will not work with those Templar enemies of freedom."

[Anyone free an evening besides Friday this week? This is my attempt to try out an assassin, so we can consider re-allowing them. Or, if no one is interested, I could run Gamma World...]
    Elvorix
    Elvorix
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

The Waste Character
    Name: Slag
    Race: Dwarf
    Class: Warden

Investigating the Water Cult of Rhys Empty Re: Investigating the Water Cult of Rhys

Post by Elvorix 2011-01-10, 16:06

I'm free Wednesday and Thursday evening this week and I should be able to recruit ZerotheFool to play either of those days.
    Bohrdumb
    Bohrdumb
    Level 5 Poster

Investigating the Water Cult of Rhys Empty Re: Investigating the Water Cult of Rhys

Post by Bohrdumb 2011-01-10, 16:14

It's unlikely I will be available unless snow causes something crazy to happen and then is completely cleared later in the evening.
    seaniusmaximus
    seaniusmaximus
    Level 5 Poster

The Waste Character
    Name: Emere-kai
    Race: Genasi
    Class: Swordmage

Post by seaniusmaximus 2011-01-10, 17:36

I'm up for it. I'd have to make a non-templar character, as all my others have died. Any day (besides friday) I'm good.
    dhlevine
    dhlevine
    Administrator

The Waste Character

Post by dhlevine 2011-01-10, 17:38

If Quinn is circumspect, he might hope to hide his affiliation from Astarte. If it means getting you to show up with a healer. Smile
    dhlevine
    dhlevine
    Administrator

The Waste Character

Post by dhlevine 2011-01-10, 17:40

Or, if we don't have enough PCs and/or Elvorix doesn't want to prep a new region on such short notice, there's always Gamma World and Pandemic for anyone who's interested.
    seaniusmaximus
    seaniusmaximus
    Level 5 Poster

The Waste Character

Post by seaniusmaximus 2011-01-10, 17:43

Hmm...Quinn is sort of shady but he's also not prone to hiding his affiliation...

If we can't get another healer, I'm up for using him here, but would prefer trying out another character (and not just making a non-templar healer)
    Elvorix
    Elvorix
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

The Waste Character

Post by Elvorix 2011-01-11, 20:27

As long as we figure out whether or not we will have enough players by like, tomorrow midday, I should be fine to run wither Wednesday or Thursday, though preferably Thursday. If not Gamma World has been high on my list of things to try out recently.

So far it looks like we have three players and me to DM. If we can rope in at least one more we'll be fine to play.
    ZeroTheFool
    ZeroTheFool
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

The Waste Character
    Name: Iblis
    Race: Human
    Class: Warlock

Post by ZeroTheFool 2011-01-11, 20:32

I'll play. I'll bring my new unaffiliated Sentinel. That should free up Sean to play something else (like a Defender).
    seaniusmaximus
    seaniusmaximus
    Level 5 Poster

The Waste Character

Post by seaniusmaximus 2011-01-11, 20:35

I have a battlemind gladiator queued up but am also itching to play a hexblade. Ill bring both and am fine playing either.
    dhlevine
    dhlevine
    Administrator

The Waste Character

Post by dhlevine 2011-01-11, 20:56

Well, it looks like we only have three PCs. Astarte is a throwaway test character, so I'm fine with her dying, but I'm not sure that's a viable party.

That said, I'm fine if we want to say, "gaming will happen at Dan's on Thursday," and if we have enough, do The Waste, and if not, do Gamma World or Pandemic. Just let me know.
    Bohrdumb
    Bohrdumb
    Level 5 Poster

Post by Bohrdumb 2011-01-11, 21:02

If you guys started say 8:30-9:00 ish I might be able to make it! I have a meeting that night and it could get intense so I can't give a solid exit time for me and it's at least 30mins from my place to Dan's.
    dhlevine
    dhlevine
    Administrator

The Waste Character

Post by dhlevine 2011-01-11, 22:04

Well, as far as I'm concerned, we can start whatever whenever. I'll be home, and I just need y'all out by 11ish, whenever we start.
    Bohrdumb
    Bohrdumb
    Level 5 Poster

Post by Bohrdumb 2011-01-11, 23:02

Assuming schools are closed tomorrow (which seems likely at this point) I can play in the evening.

School is in today, so I am out for tonight.
    Elvorix
    Elvorix
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

The Waste Character

Post by Elvorix 2011-01-12, 11:11

So have we decided on playing tomorrow but starting later?
    dhlevine
    dhlevine
    Administrator

The Waste Character

Post by dhlevine 2011-01-12, 12:36

It's fine by me. Not sure everyone else is 100%. Do you have something to run, given the short notice?
    dhlevine
    dhlevine
    Administrator

The Waste Character

Post by dhlevine 2011-01-12, 15:25

OK - just to be clear... I would be happy with any of the following, given that I don't want to overburden Elvorix with last-minute planning:

1. Playing The Waste (Elv, just statted the Assassin, and I'm confident that at least the Executioner isn't over-powered).

2. Playing Pandemic (2-4 players, cooperative board game).

3. Running Gamma World by the seat of my pants. I have some sketchy ideas for a Baltimore game, and lots of it is random anyway.

4. Facilitating Remember Tomorrow, b/c it is my shiny new GM-less cyberpunk system that just showed up in the mail.

If at least a couple folks are willing/able to commit to showing up, we can always decide what to do when people get here. Esp. with Sean's game having been canceled this week, and playing the very disappointing Peurto Rico last Friday while I was away, I'm jonesing.
    seaniusmaximus
    seaniusmaximus
    Level 5 Poster

The Waste Character

Post by seaniusmaximus 2011-01-12, 15:29

I can commit to coming tomorrow. I'm also fine with any of the above options.

Doesn't gamma world have a pregen adventure in it? We could always run with that if Gamma World is the choice (and would be my pick, because it is pretty fun).
    dhlevine
    dhlevine
    Administrator

The Waste Character

Post by dhlevine 2011-01-12, 15:31

It does, but a) I assume that everyone has already read published adventures, b) it kinda sucks (though I like Famine in Far-Go), and c) it doesn't let me use either the man/woman statue *or* the name "Why, Man? Park."
    Bohrdumb
    Bohrdumb
    Level 5 Poster

Post by Bohrdumb 2011-01-12, 18:40

I can be flexible but I would be coming in with little to no knowledge of any of the aforementioned games.
    dhlevine
    dhlevine
    Administrator

The Waste Character

Post by dhlevine 2011-01-12, 18:47

Gamma World uses 4E rules - everything else can be explained.
    Elvorix
    Elvorix
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

The Waste Character

Post by Elvorix 2011-01-12, 19:05

Well it looks like people are rather interested in Gamma World and I admit having to prep on such short notice wouls suck, so lets just plan to play that tomorrow. Smile
    dhlevine
    dhlevine
    Administrator

The Waste Character

Post by dhlevine 2011-01-12, 20:15

But Remember Tomorrow is shiny! Sooooooo shiny!

OK, if we're going to do Gamma World, could everyone do me a favor?

Go here: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/blank.aspx?x=dnd/4dnd/gwsheet

This is the random character generator. You can re-roll once if you really don't like what you get, but that's it - no re-rolling and re-rolling until you get that Gelatinous Pyrokinetic you want or whatever. You can also change your name and anything marked with a red asterisk (e.g., starting armor).

This way we can get right into playing. I may just re-flavor some locations in the published scenario and run that, since I'm feeling lazy. And if we're waiting for Bohrdumb for a while, we should have time to get in a game of Pandemic...
    dhlevine
    dhlevine
    Administrator

The Waste Character

Post by dhlevine 2011-01-12, 20:16

Oops - I take that back. Not *anything* with a red asterisk. You can change your name, gear, and what order you get your powers/crit benefits in (which won't matter unless we play these characters again, anyway, so don't worry about it too much).
    seaniusmaximus
    seaniusmaximus
    Level 5 Poster

The Waste Character

Post by seaniusmaximus 2011-01-13, 10:16

so, is this same (bat) time? 8:00pm at Dan's?
    dhlevine
    dhlevine
    Administrator

The Waste Character

Post by dhlevine 2011-01-13, 11:28

Same bat time, same bat place. Bohrdumb will be late - we'll either BS and maybe play a boardgame till he gets there, or just add him in when he arrives.
    Bohrdumb
    Bohrdumb
    Level 5 Poster

Post by Bohrdumb 2011-01-13, 16:24

I will do my best to get there as soon as I can. Sadly tonight is a bit more intense of a meeting than normal as we are voting to change the structure of our church. I have no doubt many people will show up to voice their opinions and thus drag the meeting out an inordinate amount of time, which will make me quite stabby.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content