Heroes Guild Online

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting Gamers & Intellectual Hobbyists Throughout Maryland

5 posters

The Waste - Launch on 9/18!!

dhlevine
    dhlevine
    Administrator

The Waste Character
    Name: Jarrol
    Race: Goliath (Half-Giant)
    Class: Ardent

The Waste - Launch on 9/18!! Empty The Waste - Launch on 9/18!!

Post by dhlevine 2010-08-19, 11:47

We will be launching The Waste at the September Mini-Con, 9/18 at Collector's Corner, from noon-5PM. Be there or be mellikot chow!

RUN, RABBIT (DARK SUN 4E) - 3-12 PLAYERS

All the city-states on the blasted face of Athas are ruled by cruel, nearly-omnipotent Sorcerer Kings... all but one. King Kalak of Tyr is dead, and the city roils uneasily under the rule of the Templars and King Tithian, Kalak's one-time lieutenant. In this fragile situation, the mystical Veiled Alliance sees its opportunity to return true magic to the world.

When a member of the Veiled Alliance decides to defect to the Templars, it throws both sides off balance. His Alliance cell wants him dead, before he can give away their secrets --- or their superiors can learn of their failure. The Templars to whom he sought to defect need to bring him to safety. But neither was prepared for him to run into The Waste...

Will you hunt the traitor down in the name of the Alliance? Or seek to preserve his knowledge to cement the Templars' iron rule?

Create your own character (see the chargen rules, to be updated a bit probably when I get my copy of the DSCS... dammit, Amazon!), or just use one of our snazzy pre-gens!

Last edited by dhlevine on 2010-09-18, 19:25; edited 1 time in total
    dhlevine
    dhlevine
    Administrator

The Waste Character

The Waste - Launch on 9/18!! Empty Re: The Waste - Launch on 9/18!!

Post by dhlevine 2010-08-29, 18:51

PS If you're planning on attending, and are on Facebook, please do me a favor and RSVP on the Guild's FB group. Or, if not, just note here or in the events thread that you're planning to come.
    ZeroTheFool
    ZeroTheFool
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

The Waste Character
    Name: Iblis
    Race: Human
    Class: Warlock

Post by ZeroTheFool 2010-09-04, 15:37

I'll be coming to the event with my Kalashtar Ardent "Daryush" in tow.
    Adam Dray
    Adam Dray
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

The Waste Character
    Name: Redcap
    Race: Kenku
    Class: Sorcerer

Post by Adam Dray 2010-09-05, 14:55

I've agreed to run some kind of game if too many players show up for the two DMs to handle. I don't know what I'll run. Could be some kind of indie game, a sampler of indie games, or D&D 4E Caldera.
    dhlevine
    dhlevine
    Administrator

The Waste Character

Post by dhlevine 2010-09-07, 22:25

Just a preview of the pre-gens, b/c I'm excited and the Character Builder hasn't updated yet, dammit!

WORKIN' FOR THE MAN!

Selenis (Evil Human Female Enlightened Ardent, Noble Adept): From a noble family, Selenis was used to getting her way an imperious demeanor and a pretty smile. She was only able to survive the burning of her family's compound in the wake of Kalak's death because of her training from the finest academies in the city. She is damned well not going to let the rabble take over and will prove her mettle against the worst the wastes outside the city can offer.

Aurmavor (Unaligned Male Dray Skirmisher Warlord, Dune Trader): He's a crack shot with a bow and a crack negotiator for his pay. Aurmavor has signed up with the Templars for now because, hey, they're desperate enough to pay exceedingly well and most of the bureaucrats around him are too scared now that their big king is gone. Get out there and fight, worms! He'll have your back if it looks like you're going to win, and he gets a fair share of the loot (hey, if you die, a share of the loot is bigger, neh?).

Korvak (Evil Male Human Telekinetic Psion, Templar): Korvak came up through the ranks, but always trusted the power of his own mind over the aegis of Kalak. Looks like that worked out fairly well for him. He is an inveterate consumer of mystical knowledge, and has even gone so far as to sell secrets of Tyr to Gulgans for the secret of binding elemental spirits. But, don't tell anyone - if asked, he'll probably say he learned it in a ruin somewhere... and there are plenty of ruins to explore...

K'zzz'ke (Unaligned Female Thri-Kreen Brawling Fighter, Gladiator): K'zzz'ke thrills to the hunt. The Templars are happy when she hunts and disables the prey. This is good.

Baa'tar (Evil Male Human Sorcerer-King Pact Warlock, Templar): Many believe that when Kalak died his power was lost. They are wrong. Baa'tar has invested his soul in Kalak's power, and seeks nothing more than a way to rise to the top of the hierarchy and then restore Kalak to life and his throne. Consuming lives and mastering defiling magic is a means to this ultimate end.

Abu Yala (Good Male Half-Giant Wild Battlemind, Templar): Many see the Templars as evil, but Abu Yala knows otherwise. He was happy to serve them under Kalak, and sees no advantage in the chaos and uncertainty that followed his fall. He trusted his friends, and now people want to break that up? No, this will not do!

WORKIN' FOR THE REVOLUTION

Chernogg (Unaligned Male Halfling Euphoric Ardent, Escaped Slave): Chernogg came as a delegate from his mountain village ten years ago and was enslaved for his troubles. He does not trust the Veiled Alliance any more than other wizards, but he wields the lash he stole from his former master after tearing out his throat with his teeth, and he will work with anyone who promises him more blood of the overlords, sharing his own frenzy.

Melishka (Good Female Human Cunning Bard, Veiled Alliance): Even before Kalak's death, Melishka used the access her music and theater gave her to infiltrate the nobility on behalf of the Veiled Alliance. Now she leads anyone who wants to break open the vaults of knowledge and set the mind free to dream of art undreamed on Athas for a thousand years.

Hossar (Evil Male Human Dragon Sorcerer, Athasian Minstrel): Many see Hossar's winning grin and trust him immediately - that's his plan. He hid his arcane magic for years under the guise of being naught but a wandering storyteller, and fed his addiction to magical knowledge by putting knives in backs wherever the pay was good, aided by his sorcerous prowess. The Veiled Alliance are fools if they think he cares about them, but he will work with them if they are stupid enough to share arcane knowledge - when he is a true Dragon, he will crush them all! For now, he's up for any game that might get him money or ancient artifacts.

Dahuk-Amn (Good Male Elven Centered Breath Monk, Wilder): From an early age, Dahuk-Amn manifested psychic power in uncontrollable flashes that scared even his tribe-mates. Sold into slavery in Tyr, he finally managed to master himself through stoic resistance to the privations of slavery, forging his body and mind into a weapon he would use to escape when the chance came. Now that he has fulfilled his dreams of freedom, what will he do? After his tribe's betrayal, what will he do?

Rotash (Lawful Good Male Mul Resilient Battlemind, Veiled Alliance): Rotash is not an arcanist, but he hates to see anyone suffer. After nearly dying to resist a gang of Templar thugs, he was recruited by the Alliance. He knows that others have their reasons for seeking adventure in the wastes and ruins, but for him the main thrill is standing between a foe and his friends, refusing to be moved.

Khalad (Unaligned Male Human Control Wizard, Veiled Alliance): By temperament, Khalad would be an academic and tinkerer, but his poor birth kept him out of the great psionic academies, and he turned to the less well-regarded arcane arts under the mentorship of a rogue defiler. He eventually came to despise his mentor's ways, and now sees developing his own power as a route to bringing the blessings of a new Green Age to all.
    Chris
    Chris
    Administrator

The Waste Character
    Name: Rūk
    Race: Minotaur
    Class: Warden

Post by Chris 2010-09-13, 03:04

This is shaping up to be one of our biggest events yet.
    dhlevine
    dhlevine
    Administrator

The Waste Character

Post by dhlevine 2010-09-18, 19:23

All in all, I think the launch was pretty successful! Though, we had a near mutual TPK... look to the Ministry of Order and the Darkened Eye for the further adventures of Mekhet...
    Critta
    Critta
    Level 1 Poster

Post by Critta 2010-09-20, 19:01

I love the Dark Sun campaign setting and I thought it went really well, especially given the number of players we had. So thank you, Daniel and Angela for keeping the game running smooth; I never felt bogged down at all...though the id fiend did bog down Hossar for a bit. Smile Also, wanted to thank the group as a whole for helping me along with the 4E rules. This was my first taste of 4E and everyone was awesome about answering any questions I had; I'm fairly certain Hossar would have met a much earlier demise without the intervention of his comrades! So big thanks to Adam, James, Larry, and Will. I greatly appreciated your patience and knowledge of the game. Looking forward to gaming with you guys again soon!

-Nick
    dhlevine
    dhlevine
    Administrator

The Waste Character

Post by dhlevine 2010-09-20, 19:32

Well, heck, if you want to game with us again, head on over to party formation and scheduling! Don't be shy.
    Adam Dray
    Adam Dray
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

The Waste Character
    Name: Redcap
    Race: Kenku
    Class: Sorcerer

Post by Adam Dray 2010-09-21, 14:23

Nick, you were great!

Also, Nick, I promised you a link to DC Game Day (October 9 and 10). Come play games with us!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-19, 02:56